MAGIC SPOT PROJECT
The Magic Spot is a program opportunity for the troop to work in partnership with the community to convert an “eyesore” area into a beautiful spot. The concept is built in helping every girl in the troop to develop her planning skill, the ability to work with others in carrying out a community development project.
At the end of the triennium, a troop should have:
• carried out a magic spot project in its respective community.
• ignited interest among people in the community to undertake cleanliness and beautification project.
• sustained a magic spot project with the community.
The troop identifies the “eyesore” spot in its community/purok.
The troop plans how this area can be converted into a magic spot by:
• coordinating with the Barangay Chairman/Purok Leader on how the project shall be carried out;
• inviting the community members and families of the troop members to join in the planning, implementing and monitoring the project.
• identifying the plants in the area – ornamental, wild plants, medicinal or herbal.
• scheduling the dates for cleaning the area and planting
• planning out how to maintain the area
• documenting the project – takes before and after photos the project.
The Magic Spot Project is open to all Junior, Senior and Cadet Troops which planned, implemented and sustained a Magic Spot project in community for a period of at least 3 years.
The troop must be registered annually for a period of at least 3 years.
The Council Board must endorse the troop project after it has passed screening.
The Council Screening Committee should have visited the project at least twice in a year.
The Magic Spot shall be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
a. Troop planning . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20%
b. Learning of troop members after undertaking the project . 20%
c. Involvement of Community members in the project. . . . 30%
d. Impact of the project in the community . . . . . . . . . 30%
At the end of every year, each troop which participated in the Search for Outstanding Magic Spot shall be awarded a Certificate of Recognition for contributing to the betterment of a community/purok.
At the end of the triennium, a troop which will be recognized with the Outstanding Troop Magic Spot in the Council level shall be awarded a Certificate of Recognition.
The winners of the six Regional Outstanding Troop Magic Spot shall be awarded a Certificate of Recognition and cash prizes of P 10,000.00 each.
Panel of Evaluators
The Council Panel of Evaluators shall be composed of at least 3 members: Commissioner on Program; Council Committee Chairman and at least one community member with experience in Community Development.